Complainant Support Services Overview

The University is committed to providing support and guidance for UCI community members affected by alleged sexual violence, sexual harassment, dating violence, domestic violence or stalking.

As part of the UCI Samueli Office of Wellbeing, the Coordinator of Faculty/Staff Support Services serves as a support person for faculty and staff who have brought or may desire to bring forth complaints of alleged conduct that violates the UC Policy on Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment ("Complainant"). The Coordinator will assist faculty and staff Complainants in navigating the personal, professional and disciplinary impacts of experiencing the alleged misconduct, as well as help them understand their rights and the reporting process.

Support Services

The Coordinator provides support from the initial point of contact through resolution of the incident by the University, serving as liaison to coordinate support with various campus offices who may be involved directly or indirectly with the investigation and adjudication process. 

The Coordinator can provide support for interim accommodations, as well as work to connect faculty and staff to appropriate on- or off-campus referrals such as CARE, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Human Resources, the Office of Equal Opportunity & Diversity (OEOD), and Academic Personnel. In faculty cases, the Coordinator will work directly with the Vice Provost and Academic Personnel office as needed.

Privacy Notice

Faculty/Staff Support Services is not legally required to maintain confidentiality. However, as a general practice we will not affirmatively share information disclosed in the course of facilitation and support with any office within or outside the University without a signed release and consent form from the Complainant. If a court were to compel Faculty/Staff Support Services to share your information, we would be legally required to do so.

If you are a faculty or staff member seeking a place to receive confidential support regarding violations of the UC Policy on Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment you can contact the CARE office.

Accommodations Notice

If you have disability-related needs and wish to request reasonable accommodations, please let our office know and we will connect you to Disability Management Services in Human Resources. You can also contact the Rehabilitation Consultant directly by phone at (949) 824-9756.